The Howland High School Fall Interscholastic Athletic season will begin August 1, 2020. The first official day/time for each sport is as follows:
- HS Volleyball – Monday, August 3, from 5:30-7:30 pm in the Howland High School gym
- MS Volleyball– Monday, August 3, from 5:30-7:30 pm in the Howland Middle School gym
- Football Freshman, JV and varsity – Saturday, August 1, 7:45 am-11:45 am
- MS Football – Monday, August 3, from 8 am-10 am at HMS Practice Field
- Girls Soccer – Monday, August 3, from 3-5 pm in HHS stadium
- Boys Soccer – Saturday, August 1, from 10-Noon at HMS Soccer field; M-F 6-9 pm at HHS Stadium
- MS/HS Boys & Girls Cross Country – Monday, August 3, from 7-9:30 am at H.C. Mines
- Boys Golf – Monday, August 3, tee time is 6:30 am at Old Avalon
- Girls Golf– Monday, August 3, tee time is 1:00 pm at Old Avalon
- Girls Tennis – Saturday, August 1, from 8 am-Noon at the HHS Tennis Courts.
- MS Cheer Clinic – Monday, August 3, from 9-11 am at HMS gym; tryouts August 4
- HS Cheer Clinic – Monday, August 3, from 12-2 pm at HMS gym; tryouts August 4
For questions or more information contact our Fall Coaches:
MS FB: Coach O’Neill, michael.oneil@howlandschools.
HS FB: Coach Boyle, firstname.lastname@example.org
MS Girls XC: Coach Pollifrone, MPOLLIF1@kent.edu
HS Girls XC: Coach Jones, william.jones@howlandschools.
HS Boys XC: Coach Libert, danny.libert@howlandschools.
MS Boys XC: Coach Lee, email@example.com
HS Girls Golf: Coach Koehler, james.koehler@howlandschools.
HS Boys Golf: Coach Thompson, scott.thompson@howlandschools.
MS & HS Volleyball: Coach (Lingenfelter) Florek, amanda.florek@howlandschools.
HS Girls Soccer: Coach Mitchell,greg.mitchell@
HS Boys Soccer: Coach Stiles, brian.stiles@howlandschools.
HS Girls Tennis: Coach Young, gerald.young@howlandschools.
MS & HS Cheer: Coach Baker, firstname.lastname@example.org
To be able to participate in any athletic related activities, all athletes must:
- Must have a face covering and wear a mask to and from all school-related activities. This includes when entering and exiting all facilities.
- Bring their own personal water. The amount of water should be based on the type of workout along with whether or not the workout is taking place indoors or outdoors.
- Arrive wearing the proper workout attire–no locker room access.
- Leave all valuables at home as locker rooms will be not available until further notice.
- Have their online paperwork completed in Final Forms. https://howland-oh.finalforms.com/
- Have an up-to-date physical.
Any athletes that plan on participating in a Fall sport, but are unable to do so at this time should please contact the Activities Department at 330-856-8234 or email@example.com. We understand that we are dealing with a very unique situation so we are prepared to accommodate students that have concerns about participating at this time.